Do you want to join an agile, collaborative and highly qualified team? At OneMain, you will be part of a DBA team with cross-training opportunities to learn even more about other database platforms. You will troubleshoot, possibly multiple databases, and work with a team that works collaboratively to recommend database techniques that meet business needs.
This is a remote role that can be located anywhere in the continental United States.
- Supports the design and implementation of new database environments and the redesign of existing systems to meet business needs.
- Evaluates database performance and responds to database issues.
- Fixes database issues.
- Manage database objects – schemas, views, tables, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Supports developers and QA by maintaining test environments and configuring databases to development specifications.
- Work with application development teams to develop data models that support business processes. Make sure changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and planned.
- Reviews all database changes proposed by design and development.
- Creates technical support documentation for databases.
- Participate in the on-call rotation where each DBA contributes weekly.
- Acts as an SME on iSeries and DB2
- This is a DB2 database administration role NOT a systems administration role.
- 70% DB2 DBA – 30% Application developer (RPG / COBOL).
- Optimized IBM iSeries / Power Series database performance.
- Write and tune SQL
- Knowledge of SDLC and database design methodologies / principles.
- Document and implement best practices for database environments.
- Design / implement backup and restore solutions.
- 8+ Hands-on experience with DB2 for iSeries (Power Series)
- 8+ Experience with related utilities / tools, physical database design
- Over 5 years of database administration for highly available applications (responsible for 24/7 database performance)
- University degree or equivalent military or business experience.
Note: Sponsorship and / or assistance for an employment-based nonimmigrant visa is not offered for this specific employment opportunity.
At OneMain, we understand that in order for our team members to perform at their best, they need the right opportunities and the right benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package for full-time and select part-time employees includes health and wellness options for team members and dependents, up to 4% equal to 401 (k), reimbursement of tuition fees, continuing education, incentive compensation, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending finance company. With nearly 1,600 branches in 44 states, we pride ourselves on providing secure, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hardworking people. Our clients look to us for important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical bills, household bills, home renovations and car purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve its customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our unwavering commitment to doing what’s right extends to our customers, employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that has not changed for over 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, state marital status, protected veteran status or disability.